Starkingdom Childcare Centre & Kindergarten aim is to encourage Parents/Guardians to be involved and contribute to the decisions, of the Education and Care Service. Parents/Guardian?s wishes will be taken into account regarding the extent and type of involvement at our centre. Parent/Guardian?s and family participation is viewed as a welcome and valued resource.
- Parents/Guardians are welcome to visit at any time.
- Parents/Guardians are invited to make suggestions and contributions to the children?s program, centre?s menu, surveys, policies and procedures including enrolment and orientation.
- The expertise of families is recognised and Parents/Guardians share in decision making about their child?s learning and wellbeing.
- Parents/Guardians and other authorised family members are invited to share aspects of their culture with the Educators, other Staff and children: such as craft, cooking, music and language experiences (Such as favorite stories, stories from home cultures, special skills, talents or even bathing a new baby).
- Special activities will be arranged throughout the year to promote family and community participation in the centre? activities.
- Parents are also invited to participate in the daily routine such as assisting in craft activities, special language activities and morning/afternoon tea.
- A Parent/Staff committee is set up to establish goals, update and develop policies, and the National Quality Standards.
- Minutes of regular parent meetings will be kept. Parents and staff are invited to think of issues they wish to add to the agenda prior to the meeting.